What measures will be taken if there is exposure to COVID?
In the classroom, we are employing double mitigation (both teachers and students wearing face coverings) to help keep students and teachers safe and to support continuous learning. This means that if a teacher or student tests positive for COVID-19, the class will not automatically quarantine. Rather, we will evaluate the situation and make determinations based on the definition of close contact. Close contact is defined as follows:
- You were within six (6) feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes with no other interventions (e.g. face coverings).
- You live with someone who has COVID-19.
- You had direct physical contact with someone who has COVID-19 (touching, hugging, or kissing).
- You shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has COVID-19.
- Someone who has COVID-19 sneezed or coughed on you.
Westminster’s COVID response team will continue to work with the local health department and will provide communications to parents regarding cases that may affect their child. Westminster's COVID team has made the health department fully aware of our plan and we have received excellent feedback on our preparedness. We will continue regular contact with the health department and will stay informed of notification protocols relevant to specific situations. The health department will handle any necessary contact tracing.